Wednesday 7 July 2010

Still Lovin' the Lines





These more linear drawings (that look more like animals) suddenly came into being during my Freshers Year at Uni. I was in the middle of a group module working with "Team Awesome". It was awesome! Anyway, I began to doodle-draw these and they started off as "just lines" and eventually I kept making pretty lines join up and they developed into recognizable shapes - mainly animals. Eventually I decided to try manufacture the lines to make the markings into a planned shape. For example, see the cat/squirrel image. The original bird is my favourite. Made out of nothingness but turned out to be something beautiful. I still have no idea how I did it. I think I drew that in a meeting... oops!

P.s. Again, these are very raw images I appologise for their crudeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment