Wednesday 7 July 2010

Down in the Doodles

In the summer of 2009 I decided I was fed-up of pointless doodling!! There IS no point to doodling!! So I decided that I'd begin doodle with a purpose. That anything could become a piece of work. These are the few I did over the summer months leading up to my Fresher Year at Huddersfield University. This is where I sub-consciously began the road to developing my own style.
This image/drawing was more of the beginning of an idea rather than a doodle. I thought it would be amazing to be able to draw out what's in your' mind/what your bank of thoughts are. It would be an un-ending web of memories, senses, emotions, experiences, images, secrets, dreams, do-not-forgets and the buds of your imagination waiting to bloom!! Even though it's not the greatest of demonstrations, this was all I could do at the time. Hand-drawn in my bedroom I was pleased with my work and one day I hope to extend, improve and develop this idea once I have the skills to do so.
I just wanted to share a bit of background on the sketches for future reference and for whenever I get to pick them back up again for development. I hope you like them. Thanks for reading :D
P.s. Please excuse the dreadful use of the image editor. My computer one is rubbish!

No comments:

Post a Comment